All events in the park using commercial providers must be organised under a management of the Department of Conservation concession permit. The Dream Maker holds this permit an all providers can be factored in under her co-ordination
Adele Island is situated on the Astrolabe Roadstead on the doorstep at the south end of The Abel Tasman National Park and is a 20 to 25 minute boat trip from Kaiteriteri.
The island has charter boat access only with restrictions on how many people can land on the island for an event at any one time. The maximum on Adele Island is 16 and this will include your Celebrant and any other professional people, such as a photographer.
This island is extremely popular for those couples wishing to enjoy a unique and personal ceremony with just the two of them and Dream Maker Celebrant can arrange for witnesses.
The Island is very important to conservation in the park and several voluntary groups that work tirelessly to maintain its vermin free status. The group’s projects are to offer a safe environment and nursery for native bird life, mainly the iconic Kiwi back which can be easily monitored on this Island. The Island is best visited early morning or into the evening when the bird song chorus is almost mesmerizing.
We encourage all couples choosing this Island for their event to give a donation in thanks to either The Bird Song Trust or the Janszoon project to help maintain its status and encourage its management for the future generations.
Points to consider:
- Only 16 people can land.
- This is very tidal dependent.
- There are no public services on the Island.
- The famous Adele spit known by photographer’s as a favorite back drop lies on the Westside of the Island and has very little shade. It is not advised for very small children or elderly guests.
- Charter boat access only, we have suitable toilets facilities.
- Very little shade on the west side of the island. However couples could still consider a landing just for the photo opportunity.
- No wet weather back-up
Basic Package includes:
- Celebrant & Services.
- Assistance with license application. More info Here
- Flowers for the couple (Up-grade for beach styling available)
- Charter boat (based on 8 hours including set-up and down)
- Specialized Gourmet picnic for two (Up-grades available.)
- One bottle of complimentary NZ bubbles.
- Photographer and/or videographer
- Custom designed package, incorporating anything else through the Dream Maker services.